Joining the Dementia Action Alliance
Midland Heart are members of the Birmingham Dementia Action Alliance (DAA). We have an action plan to become a more dementia-friendly organisation and have helped develop a collective action plan with other alliance members to bring about a society wide response to dementia across the city of Birmingham.
As a member, we will support the Birmingham DAA to encourage businesses and organisations across the city to sign up to help create a dementia-friendly community, support awareness raising within Birmingham as well as ensuring that people living with dementia and their carers are consulted with and have the opportunity to be involved with the Birmingham DAA.
The aim of the DAA nationally and locally is to deliver the seven statements created by people living with dementia and their carers that form the National Dementia Declaration. Midland Heart will ensure that our actions and work for our customers reflect these statements at all times so that we can support the Birmingham DAA to deliver the declaration and make Birmingham a more dementia friendly place to live.
1. I have personal choice and control or influence over decisions about me
2. I know that services are designed around me and my needs
3. I have support that helps me live my life
4. I have the knowledge and know-how to get what I need
5. I live in an enabling and support environment where I feel valued and understood
6. I have a sense of belonging and of being a valued part of family, community and civic life
7. I know there is research going on which delivers a better life for me now and hope for the future