How we recruit
We’re really pleased you’re thinking of joining our team. We know that it takes a lot of time, hard work and effort to find the right job to build your career.
We want our application and assessment process to give you a feel of what it’s like to work here and we’ll do everything we can to make sure that it runs smoothly and gives you a positive experience. The following handy hints and tips will help you get the most out of our application process. Have a read through before you submit your application.
We regularly receive a large number of applications for each of our roles, so it’s important yours stands out from the rest. We’ll only base our decision on the information you provide us with, so make the most of this opportunity to move onto the next stage. This is usually an assessment which involves an interview and a test or presentation. Here’s some things you can plan for in advance:
- We’ll be looking to get to know the real you and we’ll be assessing you on your attitude and behaviours, just as much as your experience and skill set
- Every interview will be different and we’ll tailor it to the job role, so have a think about how your experience fits with the job role
- Think about any practical examples you have from life and work that you might want to tell us about because it proves that your experience matches the job role
- Do you research, it’s important that you understand who we are, what we do and what we stand for so you can be sure that Midland Heart is the right fit for you and your career
- We understand that it’s perfectly natural to be nervous and we’ll do everything we can to make you feel welcome. Try to keep calm, speak clearly and take your time to answer each question
- And finally, try to arrive 15 minutes early, particularly if you’re heading to our head office in the city centre. If you do get delayed please let us know, we might be able to re-schedule.