Midland Heart is a great place to work with opportunities at all levels and we have a fantastic apprenticeship programme that can support you to find a job you love, access training and skills development while also earning in your role.
What is an Apprenticeship
An Apprenticeship is a job opportunity that allows you to earn while you learn. By completing an Apprenticeship you will gain a nationally recognised qualification in order to support your development in your desired career. Apprenticeships take between one and five years to complete depending on the job role requirements and are available across 1,500 occupations.
Who can apply?
Apprenticeships are open for everyone of working age, living in the UK. There are different entry requirements depending on the job role and field.
How much do I earn?
The average annual salary for an Apprenticeship from April 2017 is £6,552. Midland Heart recognises on values their Apprentices so our starting salary is slightly higher regardless of age. There are certain benefits that you can receive whilst on an Apprenticeship which we can provide more details for during our Apprenticeship recruitment process.
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to an apprenticeship including -
- Earning and learning at the same time
- Excellent progression opportunities whether looking to study further or develop in the workplace
- Become more attractive training in the skills employers want
- Increased future earning potential - those completing a higher apprenticeship could see increased earnings of an estimated £150,000 over their lifetime
- Learning at a pace suited to the individual with the support of a mentor
- Structured study time during contracted work hours
- Paid holiday
- Possible Council Tax discount
- Good starting point to get your foot in the door if you want to start a new career
- Apprenticeships lead to industry recognised qualifications
You don't need to be a teenager to join an apprenticeship with us, our programme is open to all ages. Meet Tashana, a former hair salon owner who now has a permanent role in our HR team following her apprenticeship.
Our recruitment process is fair and fun to enable us to match the right person to the right opportunity that’s best for you. We run information sessions that prepare you for an interactive activity based interview if you are successful at application stage.
Find out more...
If you are interested in any of the opportunities promoted or have a question please email Apprenticeships@midlandheart.org.uk