In addition to providing accommodation for homeless and formerly homeless people we also offer a number of non-accommodation based support services.
Rough Sleeper Outreach Team
Our Rough Sleeper Outreach Team provide a street based outreach service that helps people sleeping rough to access accommodation.
The Rough Sleeper Team can support those with a genuine need by providing:
- Access to accommodation
- Access to benefits
- Help obtaining ID
- Access to health services
We always encourage anyone to come forward if they are concerned about a rough sleeper. Please contact Street Link via their website at www.streetlink.org.uk or mobile app and our team of outreach workers are on hand to follow up your query Monday – Friday between 7am - 11pm.
Our dedicated Floating Support team provides vital housing related support in order to help people to achieve independent, settled accommodation in the community.
We work in conjunction with external services to support individuals to help address a range of complex needs to support the development of independent living skills and enable move on or step down from a service - to more independent accommodation
We work with individuals to develop a personalised support plan using a person centred approach.
- We take referrals from a range of partners such as Probation, Mental Health, HM Prison services and other external agencies
- Our services includes working with those who have a forensic history
- We also provide assistance with the attainment of language skills, police liaison, and help individuals to reunite with family members
- We support our customers through the reflection and recovery periods, and ultimately assist them to move on into the wider community.
Midland Heart has extensive experience of delivering services to vulnerable people - our supporting you pages holds more information on our services.