Damp and mould
Can damp and mould affect my health?
“Yes, if you have damp and mould in your home you’re more likely to have respiratory problems, respiratory infections, allergies or asthma. Damp and mould can also affect the immune system.” – NHS
For more on this, please click here to visit the NHS website.
How can I get rid of mould?
If you have mould in your home, it’s quick and easy to get rid of it but it has to be done properly to keep your home safe and to stop it from coming back.
Get yourself a mould remover kit (other options are available) and follow the simple instructions.
How can I stop mould?
Mould comes from moisture and condensation, so you need to follow these tips to keep your home free of mould:
- Prevent moisture from spreading throughout your house, so whether you’re cooking, having a shower or just sleeping, close doors and open windows (even if they’re only slightly open)
- Where you see condensation, wipe it dry to stop mould from growing. This can be on windows and sills, surfaces in your kitchen or bathroom.
- Drying clothes – this releases a lot of moisture into the air, click here to find out how to fix this. [Create a link dedicated webpage about drying clothes indoors]
Watch this short video to see how you can stop mould for good…
If you have any questions or you’re still having problems with damp and mould, please click here to get in touch with us or ring us on 0345 60 20 540.