Home Contents Insurance

We do not insure furniture, belongings and other personal items in your home against theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes, floods and other household risks.

Unfortunately, some customers only realise this after the damage has been done.

You should insure:

  • your personal belongings including decorations
  • your fixtures, fittings, furniture, carpets/flooring and belongings against accidental damage and against any responsibility you may have to your neighbours or others. 

We make it easy for you to insure your belongings under a special household contents insurance scheme. The insurance is arranged with Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc and is available exclusively to our customers.

There are two cover levels for you to decide from. Simple cover does not include any cover for Accidental Damage. You also have the option to add cover for Personal Belongings, Hearing Aids, Wheelchairs or Pedal Cycles to Simple or Simple+.

The costs for covers are detailed in the Home Contents Insurance policy booklet. Also have a read of the Essential Information Document and Product Information Document.

To take out insurance to protect your belongings, please call 0345 671 8172.