Big Energy Saving Week 2020
We’re supporting Big Energy Saving Week 2020, which is running from 20 – 24 January in partnership with Citizens Advice. The campaign aims at helping you cut your energy bills and get the financial help you could be entitled to.
Around £20bn in benefits and tax credits goes unclaimed in the UK every year. That's enough to pay the fuel bills of millions of homes! We also want to help you save on your bills. Some people might not be aware that on average its £100 cheaper per year to pay by monthly direct debit than paying by cash or cheque, so it’s always worth looking at your options!
3 steps to reducing your fuel bill:
- Make sure you’re getting the best deal from your current supplier – you might get a discount for switching to a new one
- Check if there’s a better way to pay your bills – you could get a discount for paying by direct debit or viewing bills online instead of through the post
- See if you’re getting the help you could be entitled to:
- If you’re 65 or over you could be eligible for a Winter Fuel Payment
- Or, speak to our Money Advice Team who can help you do an energy check or see if you're missing out on unclaimed benefits. Your local Citizens Advice can also help with this