Repair complaints

Not happy with the repair service you’ve received? Have you got disrepair in your property? Have you got unresolved repairs that need looking into?

You’ve come to the right place. (Or to tell us for the first time about something that needs repairing, please click here.)

If you’re unhappy with something that we’ve done, the first thing you need to do is to tell us about it.

Our internal complaints process is independent from other departments and helps us improve our services. Our aim is to put things right where we’ve got it wrong.

Just like a legal claim, we’ll pay compensation to you where this is the right thing to do. Our team are experts in resolving difficult repairs cases such as damp and mould or where residents are having issues with pests. Most importantly it’s a free service.

Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page to speak to our dedicated tenant liaison manager, who will help to put things right.

If you’ve already been through our complaints process and you’re still not happy, there are other options available to you.

A free, independent and impartial service

We’re registered with The Housing Ombudsman Service which was set up by law to look at complaints about housing organisations.

They offer an independent and impartial service to help to resolve disputes involving tenants and leaseholders of social landlords. You can make a complaint to the Ombudsman free of charge if you’ve reported your problem to us and you’re not satisfied with the response.

A legal process

You can begin a housing disrepair legal process to make a claim against us to get your issues resolved. This route often involves a ‘no win, no fee’ arrangement with a solicitor who will investigate your case.

However, please be aware that a legal case can take much longer to resolve and doesn’t guarantee you a positive outcome, or that any compensation you’re awarded will be paid directly to you.

You may also have to pay your representative for their work on your case without any compensation for yourself.

We’ve put together this simple chart to help you to understand the difference between the two options:

  Housing Ombudsman Legal Process
Someone independent will review my case
I won’t have to pay the person that investigates my case?
There’s a possibility I’ll receive compensation
The outcome of my complaint will be published publicly
It's free of charge. (When using No win, no fee solicitors they usually write into their agreement that you may be responsible for paying some fees)

If you’re thinking about taking either of these routes fill out the simple form at the bottom of this page and one of our team will contact you within 24 hours.

We know we don’t always get things right, but we want to work with you to get issues sorted as quickly as possible.

Before entering into a legal agreement, or signing any paperwork please come and talk to us about your issue or concerns.

Legal cases: Did you know?

  • It is very likely that legal claims will take much longer to process and we want to work with you to put things right.
  • Compensation awarded in a legal case will be paid back into your rent account and wont be paid to you
  • If you lose your case you’ll need to pay yours and our legal fees and any solicitor fee agreement which will be set out in any contract - make sure you check the small print!
  • You can bring a claim against Midland Heart without legal representation and we’re happy to share the documents needed to do this with you directly. Please fill out the form below to request this information.

Please continue with the form...