Let’s protect what makes your place a home.

You have a home full of things that you need and love –clothes, TV, kitchen appliances, keepsakes, furniture, and gadgets. Surely, if it's stuff worth owning, then it’s worth protecting.

As your landlord, we insure the building and anything we provide, but we don’t cover your home’s contents and belongings. Ask yourself, would you need help with the cost of putting things right after a kitchen fire, a washing machine flood, or a break in? It could get pretty pricey. But don’t worry – tenants contents insurance financially protects your home’s contents.

Prices start from as little as 45p per week, £1.47 per month, or £15.65 a year** for contents insurance. This is cheaper than the general market!

**Prices shown are for £4,000 of contents insurance cover, based on postcode area and include a transaction fee. They exclude accidental damage and optional covers. The price you pay will depend on your individual circumstances, postcode and cover chosen.
RSA price data June 2023.

What you need to know about RSA’s tenants contents insurance

  • Tenants contents insurance financially protects the contents in your home, garage, and shed
  • You can pay weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or annually – whatever suits you best
  • No nasty surprises - no excess on claims and no fees for changing your details or cancelling your policy
  • You can upgrade your cover to protect your home’s contents against accidental damage
  • You have the option to protect your belongings whilst away from your home, and if you have them, you can also cover your bicycles, hearing aids, and wheelchair/ mobility scooter(s) whilst away from your home.

Ready to find out more?

If tenants contents insurance sounds like a good idea, you can find out more and apply today. Click the button or call 0345 671 8172 if you have any questions or would like to apply by phone.

Submitting a claim

We know that submitting a claim for home contents insurance can be very stressful.

To help the process you can now access an online claims portal provided by the insurer. You can use the portal to submit a claim and track its process – all in one place.

You can find the claims portal by clicking the button below

Claims portal

The costs for covers are detailed in the Home Contents Insurance policy booklet.

Also have a read of the Essential Information and Product Information Document.

If you would like advice about how to manage your finance, please visit our money advice page.

If you would like information on how to raise and report a repair, please visit our repairs page.