Who's responsible for my repair?
Before you report a repair you'll need to confirm if it's something that we are responsible for.
Watch this short video to see what repairs you're responsible for.
How do I book a repair?
Once you’ve confirmed that a repair is our responsibility:
- You can now use the Midland Heart app to book a repair and keep track of your appointment, download it for free from the App store or Google Play. To find out more information about it, please click here.
- If you don't have a smartphone, please give us a ring on 0345 60 20 540 to report your repair. Our Customer Hub is open from Monday - Friday 8AM - 6PM. Outside of this time your call will be transferred to our out of hours service and you'll only be able to report emergency repairs.
- You can also private message us on Facebook or Twitter to book your repair.
Is my repair an emergency?
An emergency is something that causes an immediate health, safety or security risk to you or anyone else. An emergency is also something that is causing substantial damage to your home.
Examples of emergencies are:
- An external door which won’t lock
- An uncontainable water leak
- Having no power
- Exposed electrical wires, or water coming into contact with sockets or wiring
How do I report an emergency?
- Call us to report an emergency on 0345 60 20 540.
- If you think you can smell gas, telephone 0800 111 999 straight away.
- If you can see or smell smoke, call 999 or 112 immediately.
- If there is a power cut in your area, dial 105
You can report an emergency repair at any time of the day or night, this includes weekends and bank holidays. Please do not fill in a contact form or email us to report an emergency as we may not be able to get back to you quickly enough.
Click here to view our service status and find out how long it will take us to attend your repair.
Putting your safety first
We're taking extra precautions and closely following the government’s advice on Covid-19. We'll contact you before we attend to check if anyone in your home is self-isolating or has been in contact with someone who’s been diagnosed with Coronavirus.
All of our contractors and safety inspectors will show you photo identification before entering. If for any reason this doesn’t happen you should ask to see it. If you have any concerns please give us a call on 0345 6020 540 to check before you let them in.