Contact Us

We’re committed to getting it right first time. We’ve invested time in training our staff and creating specialist, dedicated teams to help with housing management issues or repairs.

Our highly trained specialist team members are well equipped to deal with your queries at the first point of contact.

To make it easier you can access a number of our services below, such as setting up a direct debit, paying your rent, money advice and much more.

You can find Emergency Contact Information here.

  • Homes Direct help video

    Watch our Homes Direct You Tube video



  • homes direct form

    If you are another Housing Association tenant please contact your own landlord directly and they will be able to assist.

  • Repair Responsibility Tool

    Try out Repair Responsibility tool first!

    Repair responsibility tool

  • Repairs video

  • Report a Repair

  • Report an ongoing repair


  • Do you want to make a home improvement

  • Do you want to make a home improvement

  • Social Media

    Prefer to contact us on Social Media with your customer service enquiry?

    Click below to get us on Facebook or Twitter

  • Abandoned Vehicle Form

    Note: On receiving this information, we will log an appointment for the Places Housing Officer to attend and place notice on the vehicle.

    Abandoned vehicles often get confused with nuisance vehicles. A nuisance vehicle is not necessarily abandoned. Common examples of ‘nuisance’ vehicles are those, which are:

    • poorly parked

    • causing an obstruction

    • Involved in residential parking disputes

    • broken down If you believe a vehicle is untaxed, please contact the DVLA or Local Authority to report the vehicle.

    Thank you for contacting Midland Heart regarding an abandoned vehicle. In order for us to log a case for you please could you provide us with a little more information regarding the following.

  • Death of a Tenant Form

    We understand that losing someone can be a difficult time and we want to make any contact with us regarding this as easy as possible for you. Therefore in order for us to process this for you we need the following information.

    • The name of the tenant that has passed away
    • The date on which the person passed away
    • The details of the executor, trustee or personal representative of he person who has passed away, A copy of the Death Certificate Contact number for yourself
    • Name of the tenant who has passed away
    • Address and postcode of the tenant that has passed away
    • Date on which the tenant passed away
    • Your name, Your Address, Your contact number and best time to contact you if required, Your e mail address,
    • Are you the executor, trustee or personal representative of the tenant that has passed away?

    If you have a copy of the death cert please upload it here. Please note: We will need to see a copy of the death certificate in order to update our records. If you are unable to upload it at this time you can email it to or contact us to discuss posting a copy.

    Once this request is recieved we will start the process of arranging this change but please be advised that we cannot end the tenancy until the death certificate has been recieved.

    Please note: We will need to see a copy of the death certificate in order to update our records. If you are unable to upload it at this time you can email it to or contact us to discuss posting a copy.

    Edit fieldset

  • Report Graffiti Form

    If the graffiti is deemed as offensive and contains any explicit images or Language of a politically/racially/religiously insulting/inciting nature or a hate statement, we will aim to remove this within 24 hours. Any other graffiti in a communal area will be removed by Midland Heart. Any graffiti on your property which is not offensive is your responsibility to remove.


  • Report Fly Tipping Form

    Fly tipping can be hazardous and expensive to remove potetially causing an increase in tenants service charges. If you know who has flytipped any reported items please give us a much detail as possible. We will then contact the individual and request they remove the items.

    Thank you for contacting Midland Heart regarding fly tipping In order for us to log a case for you please could you provide us with a little more information regarding the following;


  • Contact Midland Heart Fly Tipping

    Thank you for contacting Midland Heart regarding Fly Tipping.

    In order for us to log a case for you please could you provide us with a little more information regarding the following;


  • Responsibility Tool

    If you have pest or vermin you can use our easy to use responsibility tool to find out who's responsibility it is to remove them by following this link.


  • Watch Pests Video

    Read nire
  • Report Pest/Vermin Form

    If you have looked at the responsibility tool and can see that your pest/vermin issue is Midland Hearts responsibility please fill in the following form.


  • Watch Money Advice Video



  • Get More Information

    Do you need help managing your money, bills and rent payments. Please visit our Money Advice pages for further information and support.

  • Money Advice Form

  • Report an unauthorised Occupier Form

    An unauthorised occupier can be any of the following, Anyone that manages to gain access into an empty property for occupation. A person who has been evicted from their property but still remains after the eviction has taken place. A Tenant who claims to live at the property but instead lets the whole property out to someone else. A Tenant who claims that the property is their main home but instead uses it as a second property.


  • Report a Tree

    Tree Web form

    To report a tree that is currently a danger to people or a property, you will need to complete the form below providing as much detail as possible. If a tree is not currently a risk but you believe it has the potential to cause harm or damage, please let us know by completing the form. 

    A tree or tree limb that is currently a danger includes one that has fallen onto a building, vehicle or communal area and has caused actual damage or an obstruction.

  • Japanese Knotweed

    Reporting Japanese Knotweed

    Japanese Knotweed is an invasive weed that grows extremely quickly and can cause significant damage. If you see Japanese Knotweed on Midland Heart land or you are concerned about it spreading from a neighboring property, please let us know by completing the form below.

    Japanese Knotweed is spread primarily by human activity so do not touch or attempt to remove Japanese Knotweed from your garden.

    If you are unsure, please find out how to identify Japanese knotweed here

    Japanese Knotweed

  • Report a grounds maintenance, communal cleaning or window cleaning enquiry form

    Customers who pay a service charge will receive some or all of the environmental services Midland Heart offers.

    Before completing the form, please visit the Environmental Services Webpage  which includes details about what is included in the service you receive


  • Making a Payment

    Please be advised that if you just want to make a payment and have your 19 digit All Pay reference you can call our automated phone payment line on 0844 557 8321 or visit

  • Money Advice for Bills and Rent

    Do you need help managing your money, bills and rent payments. Please visit our Money Advice pages for further information and support.

  • Contact Midland Heart

    Thank you for contacting Midland Heart regarding your rent account.

    In order for us to log a case for you please could you provide us with a little more information regarding the following;


  • Form for Right of Access request

    In line with Art.15 of the GDPR an individual (data subject) has the right to obtain from Midland Heart confirmation as to whether or not we process personal data related to them. Where this is the case the individual has the right to access to their personal data and to receive a copy from Midland Heart.

    If you wish to receive a copy of your data, which is processed by Midland Heart, please complete this form.

    After we receive your completed form we may contact you for one or more of the following reasons:

    • If we need you to provide proof of your identity in order to ensure that your data stays protected

    • If we need further information from you to search for the information you are seeking

    • Where your request is large and complex we may need to extend the time line for completing your request and in rare cases we may require a reasonable fee. Being specific about the information you require will help us to provide it to you quickly and at no cost.

    We will provide your information via a secure online process to ensure that your data is transferred securely.

    For more information on your right to obtain personal data we hold about you please visit the ICO’s website


  • Police, HMRC, CQC, H&S Executive


  • Acting on behalf of someone else

    If you are a local authority, solicitor, relative, health professional, social worker or carer acting on behalf of an individual please complete the below form, attaching your form of authority.


    Please note: Data Protection does not apply to the deceased. In these circumstances please complete the death of a tenant form. 

  • For disclosures required in connection with legal proceedings

    If you have any enquiries relating to the following disclosures please email our Data Protection team 

    • For the purpose of obtaining legal advice or;
    • Is otherwise necessary for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights
  • Requests from utility companies

    If you are from a utility company requesting personal information about a Midland Heart customer please complete the below form.

  • Feedback

    Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback on our new website.  It launched in May and we are keen to hear if you are finding the information you need and what you think we could do to improve the site.

  • Compliments

    If you think that we are doing well we would love to hear from you. If you've received a service that deserves praise, or one of our staff really made a difference to you, you can let us know by completing the from below. You can also tell us via our Facebook or Twitter pages. We will let the service or individual know what you have said.

  • Comments

    We are always looking to improve and realise that sometimes you may not agree with how we offer a service. It's really important to us that if this happens you let us know so that we can use this feedback when we are reviewing our services in the future.

    Any comments that you give are treated very seriously and are used to review the relevant service or policy. To let us know what you think we could do a bit better please complete the form below.

  • Complaints

    Despite our best efforts, from time to time we might not meet the standards that we set ourselves. In these cases you may want to make a formal complaint.

    What can you complain about?

    •If we have not met a published Service Standard or have not taken action within agreed timescales

    •We have not acted in line with our policies and procedures to a customer request

    •If there has been poor conduct by Midland Heart staff, agents or contractors

    If your complaint does not fall within these categories you can still get in touch and provide feedback via our comments section.

    If you have a complaint about the behaviour of one of your neighbours this may be classed as anti social behaviour (ASB). We have developed different processes to help you with these issues and you can visit our dedicated ASB section to find out more.

    First stage resolution
    Formal review
    External review

    The department where the service failure happened will acknowledge your complaint and will aim to provide an immediate solution. However, depending on the nature of the complaint an immediate response may not be possible. If we need to investigate, it will be logged as a formal complaint and dealt with under the “Investigation” stage of our process.

    To get in touch with us please submit a form,  or visit our contact us page.

    Complaints can be received on your behalf through other agencies e.g. advocates or support agencies. In these cases we will need written consent from you to discuss the complaint with your representative in line with Data Protection.



    Please let us know if you are not happy with the First Stage Resolution. We will investigate your complaint if:

    • Actions agreed at the First Stage resolution haven't been delivered or happened within agreed timescales
    • We haven't responded to all aspects of your original complaint
    • We haven't followed our complaints process
    • The complaint is potentially serious, high risk or high profile


    If we need to investigate we aim to respond within 10 working days. However, depending on the nature of the complaint it may take longer, if this is the case we will contact you and agree a timeline.

    Please let us know if you are not happy with the outcome of the investigation. Your complaint will then be escalated if we find that:

    • There's evidence that our complaints process has not been followed



    • There are elements of the complaint that have not been addressed


    If your complaint cannot be escalated and you remain dissatisfied with the final response you have the right to seek External Review (see next section).

    In a Formal Review your complaint will be passed to the appropriate senior manager. They will review how the complaint was handled, that our policies and procedures were followed and how it impacted on you. If any failures are found with the way the complaint was investigated or dealt with, it will be reinvestigated by the senior manager, who will give the final response. 

    The outcome of the Formal Review will be signed off by a customer or representative panel before it's completed. Our aim is to provide a final decision within 20 working days. However, depending on the nature of the complaint it may take longer, if this is the case we will contact you and agree a timeline.

    If the complaint cannot be escalated to Formal Review you will be advised that you have the right to seek External Review.

    If you want an External Review there are a variety of channels you can use. These include, but are not limited to -

    • Your MP
    • Councillor
    • Housing Ombudsman
    • Local Government Ombudsman
    • Financial Services Ombudsman
    • Local Authority
    • Supporting People or the Care Quality Commission


    We will co-operate fully with any investigation by the Ombudsman and comply fully with the resulting final decision. 

  • Social Media Policy

    We use Twitter and Facebook to communicate with customers, in an open forum. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us on Twitter (@MidHeartHelp) or Facebook.

    Our social media channels are managed between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday. During these times you can expect a response to your query, where appropriate, within 24 hours. Since these are public arenas, there are some instances in which we will remove posts. Please see our guidance below:

    Public messages

    Don’t name anyone, this includes staff, customers and other members of the public.

    Don’t give away personal information for yourself or anyone else. This includes addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. If we need you to send your private details we will request you send this information by private message.

    All messages

    Don’t swear or use threatening or abusive language.

    If you do not comply with any of the above we will be forced to delete your messages.

  • Head Office

    Bath RowHere you can find information on our office location, including the full address and a link to Google maps.

    For more information please click on the map image below.
    NB. The text links next to map are automatically generated by Google and only work in certain browsers.

    Birmingham Head Office 20, Bath Row, Birmingham B15 1LZ

    Opening hours: 9am - 5pm (Mon - Fri)


    Link to Google Map


  • Media Enquiries

    If you are a journalist with a media enquiry or would like to talk to us about a speaking opportunity please call our External Affairs Team, during working hours, on 0121 666 5253.

    If you need to speak to our External Affairs Team out of hours, please contact 07789 923340. This number is for Press/Media enquiries only.

    Alternatively, please complete the contact form below and one of the team will be in touch shortly.

    Submit a media enquiry

    Submit a media enquiry

    Contact & query

  • Emergency Contact

    In an emergency to report a repair or discuss other issues call us on 0345 60 20 540

    If you think you can smell gas you can also immediately telephone 0800 111 999

    If you can see or smell smoke, immediately telephone 999 or 112 before telephoning us

    Outside of these hours, if you have an emergency (something which is causing significant damage to your home) you can contact us on the 0345 number above

    These numbers are to be used in emergencies only. Less serious issues should be reported in the normal way.

    Before you call us

    To save you having to call us, we have put answers on our website to a lot of the most common questions we receive. Type into the search box at the top of the page the subject you're interested in and you'll be served with information related to this topic.

  • Didn't find what you're looking for?

    Get in touch with us on Social Media and we'd be happy to point you in the right direction!

    Facebook MidheartTwitter Midheart

Please choose a topic ...

We're here to help

If you can't find what you're looking for please get in touch with us via social media

Facebook MidheartTwitter Midheart

Our short films below answer a number of common questions our customers contact us with. They might provide you with the answer you need to help with your enquiry.

Useful Videos

Repairs you are responsible for

We put your safety first by ensuring your home is secure and well maintained when you move in. This short video will explain who is responsible for repairs in your home.

Damp and mould

As a Midland Heart customer, you are responsible for reducing the impact of condensation in your home, which if left, can cause mould to grow. This short video will show you how to reduce condensation in your home.

What to expect from your new tenancy

Renting a home from Midland Heart? Find out what to expect from your tenancy agreement.

Money Advice

Our team of Money Advisers are trained to help our customers with free benefit and debt advice.  View one person's story and find out how we can support you.

Can I Keep a Pet?

Want to keep a pet in your home? This video explains the permissions you need and how many you can have in your household.

Leaving your tenancy

Ending your tenancy? You'll need to let us know at least 4 weeks before you leave. This short video explains everything you need to know about your responsibilities.

When you end your tenancy with Midland Heart, you need to let us know at least 4 weeks before you leave your property in writing.

This video will explain your responsibilities when ending your tenancy with Midland Heart.


A video offering advice about dealing with pests and infestations in your home such as: rats and vermin, bugs and wasps.



When winter approaches it's a good idea to check your heating is working properly. This video will show you how to check your heating system including your boiler.