The most important thing you can do is allow access to your home to our specialist contractors. They have the correct tools, training and equipment to keep your water safe.
Bacteria can survive in water. If this bacteria is allowed to grow it can cause severe illnesses. This is rare but it's important to understand the risks and play a part in keeping your water clean.
Here are a few things you can do to keep your water safe:
- Regularly clean and disinfect taps and shower heads
- Tell us if your hot water isn’t heating properly
- Flush your taps and showers thoroughly when you have been away from your home for a short or long period
- Don’t adjust the temperature on your hot water storage tanks.
Water can get very hot. In some homes we have customers who are more vulnerable to scalding or burning themselves.
If you’re at risk of scalding, we may fit a TMV, this is a special valve that mixes your water to the correct temperature and stops it from getting too hot. If you have any issues with your TMV valve, please let us know right away and we’ll send out a specialist to repair it.
To keep you safe, we also do regular inspections of some buildings to check that your water system is in a good condition and free of dangerous bacteria that may harm you. This might include checking the water in your home, and we’ll always try to give you as much notice as possible.
If you’re worried about your water system at all, you can get in touch with us on 0345 60 20 540 and we’ll look into it for you.
Examples of water safety repairs are:
- Dirty water coming through the taps
- Frozen pipes
- Water leaks
To report a repair, please click here.
How do I report a concern?
Examples of a water safety concern:
- The water temperature in your building seems too hot/ too cold
- You and others in your block have been unwell and the reason is unknown
- Pipework on your building is damaged or old pipework needs removing
Click here to report a concern