How do I end my tenancy?
This short video will explain what you need to do when ending your tenancy with us.
When you end your tenancy with us, you’ll need to let us know in writing at least 4 weeks before you leave your home. You can do this by filling in this form. We’ll write back to you and let you know when the last day of your tenancy will be.
If you live in one of our schemes please speak to your scheme manager about ending your tenancy.
How do I request a reference?
If you're moving on to other rented accommodation your new landlord may want a tenancy reference from us. We're happy to provide these and send a standard reference to you to give to your new landlord.
Midland Heart send a standard reference detailing:
- The length and dates of the tenancy
- If the tenant has any debt, the level of debt
- If there have been any proven tenancy breaches for ASB or if there are any current investigations
- If there is any history of issues with the condition of the property and if the tenant had caused any damage to the property
To request a reference simply fill out this form
How do I report that a tenant has died?
If a customer who is named as a sole or joint tenant in a Midland Heart property passes away we need to know. For some people it is more convenient to notify us online so we've developed this short form to provide that option. If you'd like to contact us on the phone or in person that's fine too.
In order to update our records, end the tenancy or manage a succession there is some information we need:
- the name of the person who has passed away
- the date on which the person passed away
- the details of the executor, trustee or personal representative of the person who has passed away
- a copy of the death certificate
Please note: We will need to see a copy of the death certificate in order to update our records. If you are unable to upload it at this time you can email it to email@example.com or contact us to discuss posting a copy.
Let us know about the death of a tenant here.
Removing your belongings
When you move out of your home, you'll need to take your stuff with you. If you accidentally leave anything behind, we'll store it for 14 days.