Tax relief on work-related expenses
Find out how to claim tax relief on money you’ve spent on things like work uniform/clothing, tools, subscriptions or business travel.
Flexible Support Fund
This aims to help with extra costs associated with finding a job, such as: travel expenses to attend an interview, tools and clothing/uniforms to start work. It’s a discretionary fund so there is no automatic right to it if you qualify. It depends on your local Jobcentre Plus adviser.
Suited for Success
This is a charity based in Ladywood, Birmingham, who provide FREE high-quality interview clothes, styling advice and interview presentation skills for unemployed men and women looking for work and those who have a confirmed job interview.
To look at discount travel for jobseekers, click here to visit the Transport for West Midlands website.
You could also get free travel to work (including apprenticeships) if you’re:
- Starting a new job after being unemployed or made redundant
- Increasing your hours to 16 or more per week in a job you already have
- Aged 16 or over and paying adult fare
- You can only apply for travel support online
You must either:
- Be earning £30,000 a year or less
- Have been getting unemployment benefit
- If you’ve been getting unemployment benefit, it does not matter if your salary is more than £30,000 per year.
If you’re worried about not being able to pay your rent, please speak to your rent payment officer who’ll be able to help you.
To see more cost of living support you can receive from the government and other organisations, please click the button below: