We can't help if you're not home
Each month, we have over 400 missed appointments so it's really important that you let us know as soon as possible if you can no longer be home for your appointment slot.
- If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please contact us as soon as possible on 0345 60 20 540 so that we can help another customer.
- At each visit we’ll need someone over the age of 18 to be available to let our operative in to complete repairs and important safety checks. If someone over the age of 18 isn't present, we won't be able to enter your home unless it's an emergency.
- If you’ve booked an emergency repair or there is a risk to the safety of yours or your neighbours property and you’re not at home when we visit, we might need to force access to your home to investigate the issue and make it safe.
Completing your repair or safety check
We’ll do our best to do your repair within your allocated timeslot but we might need to stay a bit longer to complete the job. We’ll always try to let you know when we’re on the way to your home and if another appointment is needed, so you know what will happen next.
What safety checks do Midland Heart have to do?
Gas safety check
A gas safety check and service is carried out on each relevant gas fitting/flue in your home. All gas appliances/flues will be checked before you move in and every year after that.
- You'll receive a First Appointment Card from our Gas Safe registered contractor PH Jones, which will inform you of the date, day and time when your annual gas service is due to be carried out. If this time is not convenient, please phone the telephone number on the card to rearrange your service.
- If you do not let us in to do the service you could be putting yourself, your family and your neighbours at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning. You cannot see, smell or taste carbon monoxide, but it can kill within a matter of minutes.
Electrical safety check
To help keep you safe, we complete electrical inspections in your home, before you move in and every five years after.
- We’ll write to you in advance to let you know when your electrical inspection is. When we visit we'll check electrical sockets, wiring, light fittings, wired smoke alarms and lighting with closed covers in your building.
Fire safety checks
All of our properties have fire safety checks before customers move in This includes testing the electrical wiring and ensuring all doors and means of escape are working.
- In blocks of flats, we make sure that communal areas and general building facilities are well maintained every month. A specialist team of Fire Risk Assessors make sure that your building meets fire safety standards and is as safe as possible in the event of a fire.
- This is called a Fire Risk Assessment and all Midland Heart blocks of flats with internal communal areas have one. Our assessors are accredited by West Midlands Fire Service.