How can you support me?

As a social housing landlord, we work with a very clear definition of what antisocial behaviour is and when we can get involved and offer you support. We can only get involved in cases where there is a risk of harm or behaviour poses a risk to another person’s tenancy.

Everyone’s situation is different, but we’ll need evidence of antisocial behaviour to support us to open a case. We’ll work with you and look at your individual circumstances and the nature of your complaint to decide how we can best support you to resolve the issue.

What happens when I report an issue?

In most situations, our first step is to provide advice and support to help you find a solution without us getting involved. We'll encourage you to speak to your neighbours if it's safe and appropriate to do so. This can often resolve matters more quickly.

What if this doesn't work?

If we need to investigate further, our trained officers may need to speak to the people involved and you’ll need to help us gather evidence to make sure appropriate action is taken. Our tenancy service officers use a wide range of methods to tackle ASB.

We'll consider how regular or persistent the ASB is and the harm or likely harm it causes. We'll open a case and agree clear actions with you on how we are going to tackle the ASB together. We'll also agree how and when to keep you updated on our progress.

What else can you do?

  • Help you to come to an agreement through Restorative Justice
  • Look at resolving the problem by talking to your neighbours
  • Issue warnings to the people involved
  • Ask neighbours to sign a Good Neighbour Agreement or Acceptable Behaviour Contract
  • In very rare cases we might seek legal action against the person responsible for the ASB

To find out more about our approach to managing ASB take a look at our ASB policy or read our frequently asked questions.