Helping you understand antisocial behaviour

Neighbours ASB 16/05/2024

ASB News Article

We want you to love where you live, and we know your neighbourhood has a big impact on this, which is why it’s so important that you let us know if you’re experiencing Antisocial Behaviour.

Antisocial behaviour (ASB) is acting in a way that might cause nuisance, harassment, alarm or distress to another person. If you think you’re experiencing antisocial behaviour, then we can help.

What’s classed as ASB?

ASB can be things such as abusive, threatening or intimidating behaviour, drug dealing and drug use, continual loud shouting around a property, persistent and loud music, persistent dog parking and pets causing damage to property.

What isn’t ASB?

Things like parking disputes, complaints about everyday noise such as washing machines, doors banging and children playing, people being unpleasant to one another and one-off events such as birthday parties and Christmas parties, are not classed as ASB.

The support we can offer

We can only get involved in cases where there is a risk of harm or behaviour that poses a risk to another person’s tenancy.

When you report an issue, our first step is to provide advice and support to help you resolve it. We’ll always encourage you to speak to your neighbours if it’s safe and appropriate to do so. This can resolve the situation much quicker.

If the issue still can’t be resolved, then our trained officers will speak to those involved and gather relevant evidence to decide on the best course of action to take.

Restorative Justice can also help you resolve issues with your neighbours by bringing you together to talk through disputes, conflicts and crime.

If you are experiencing ASB, it’s important to let us know as soon as possible, so we can help you resolve the issue. You can view our ASB policy here or you can take a look at our Antisocial Behaviour webpage for more information on ASB.

If you need to report a case of ASB to us, you can do this by calling the Hub on 0345 60 20 540 or report it online.