There are many charities and organisations who can help. Eligibility criteria may depend on income, where you live, the job you do, etc. – here are just a few.
Energy Trust Funds - Many energy suppliers have their own charitable support, contact your supplier to ask
Severn Trent Trust Fund - To support their customers experiencing debt
British Gas Energy Trust - Help with fuel debt, and you don't have to be a British Gas customer to apply
Royal British Legion - Provides support for ex-service and serving personnel and their family
Ben Friends Trust - Help for those who have worked or work within the automobile industry
Turn2us - Provide a search facility for many charities, tell you who may be eligible and how to apply
Family Fund - Grants for disabled children
Family Holiday Charity - There are lots and lots of families going through tough times who can't get away together. We want to make the biggest difference we can to as many families as we can. We focus our holiday offers on families who:
- Are on a low income (a household income of less than £24,000)
- Haven’t had a holiday together in the last 4 years
- Have at least one child under 18 who will go on the holiday
- You'll need someone who is supporting you or your family to recommend you. They will need to agree to some things, including agreeing to support you to get ready and make the most from a holiday. We call that person 'a referrer'.
How to apply:
- Your referrer will need to register here and fill in an application
If the application is accepted, you’ll hear more from them. This will include from where and when you could go, and how to get there. From what to think about packing to a whole host of other things. Your referrer will be there with you every step of the way to make sure you are ready and able to make the most out a holiday with your family.
If you’re worried about not being able to pay your rent, please speak to your rent payment officer who’ll be able to help you.
To see more cost of living support you can receive from the government and other organisations, please click the button below: