Below is a checklist that covers the most common problems we get asked about. Please have a read as they might save you time and help you avoid problems.
- If you have a pre-payment meter for gas and electricity –do you have credit on the meter?
- Is the main electric supply point switched on? Check the fuse in the device and replace with 3 amp fuse if required
- Are all lights working? If they are not, there could be a service interruption. Check with your neighbours.
- Is the pilot light on if you have one? If not, attempt to relight this using instructions on the boiler.
- Has the thermostat or thermostatic radiator valve been turned down?
- Has the timer been altered ready for the seasonal change?
- Is there an error code visible on the boiler? If yes, make a note of it.
- If there has been a recent freeze or snow, check the boiler flue outlet for blockage, and plastic ‘condense pipe’ outside to see if it could be frozen.
- Is your gas cooker working? If not, this could identify a problem with the gas supply to your home.
Things to tell us when you call:
- Have you identified any problems when carrying out the above checklist?
- Do you have any form of secondary heating?
- Do you have an immersion heater?
- Are there frail and vulnerable occupants in the home such as young or elderly?